An oldie but a goldie...for new readers!
September 11 was orchestrated by the U. S. government
• A number of urban myths, alternative hypotheses and conspiracy theories have been formulated to explain the events of September 11th:
• The U.S., Israel or Iraq government orchestrated the attacks themselves.
• The Twin Towers fell straight down, at close to free-fall speed. This is a similar characteristic of a controlled demolition. The dust cloud and its make up are considered un-characteristic of a gravity-driven collapse.
• It is often pointed out that no steel building before or since the 9-11 attack has collapsed as the result of fire.
• The rubble of the Twin Towers smoldered for weeks after the collapse. This claim is meant to point out that steel could only have smoldered as a result of pre-placed explosives.
• Some consider photographic evidence of the plane lying on the grounds of the Pentagon to be ambiguous and unconvincing, citing a visual lack of burnt metal, human remains, passenger's luggage or seats.
• The Pentagon was struck in a newly renovated, reinforced section. Some speculate this location, the west side of the complex, to be indicative of government involvement, noting it as an attempt to reduce casualties.
• Flight 77 was able to fly in the direction of the DC and Pentagon area for approximately 40 minutes without interception. This is thought to be unusual given the Pentagon's close proximity to Andrews Air Force Base.
• There are claims that anti-missile batteries at the Pentagon should have intercepted Flight 77.
• The FBI confiscated a video, which may have captured the impact, from a nearby gas station attended by Jose Velasquez. This video has not yet been released.
Barcodes are really intended to Control people
Some conspiracy theorists have proposed that barcodes are really intended to serve as means of control by a putative world government, or that they are Satanic in intent.
Mary Stewart Relfe claims in "The New Money System 666" that barcodes secretly encode the number 666 - the Biblical "Number of the Beast".
This theory has been adopted by other fringe figures such as the "oracle" Sollog, who refuses to label any of his books with barcodes on the grounds that "any type of computer numbering systems MANDATED by any government or business is part of the PROPHECY of the BEAST controlling you."
The Truth is out there, on Area 51
• The secretive nature of Area 51 and undoubted connection to classified aircraft research, together with reports of unusual phenomena, have led Area 51 to become a centerpiece of modern UFO and conspiracy theory folklore. Some of the unconventional activities claimed to be underway at Area 51 include:
• The storage, examination, and reverse engineering of crashed alien spacecraft (including material supposedly recovered at Roswell), the study of their occupants (living and dead), and the manufacture of aircraft based on alien technology.
• Meetings or joint undertakings with extraterrestrials.
• The development of exotic energy weapons (for SDI applications or otherwise) or means of weather control.
• Activities related to a supposed shadowy world government.
Apollo 11 Moon Landings were faked by NASA
Proponents of the Apollo moon landing hoax accusations allege that the Apollo Moon Landings never took place, and were faked by NASA with possible CIA support. Enthusiasts of this theory claim that:
• The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation
• The photos were altered: the Crosshairs on some photos appear to be behind objects, rather than in front of them where they should be
• The quality of the photographs is implausibly high.
• There are no stars in any of the photos, and astronauts never report seeing any stars from the capsule windows.
• Identical backgrounds in photos that are listed as taken miles apart.
• The moon's surface during the daytime is so hot that camera film would have melted.
• No blast crater appeared from the landing
• The launch rocket produced no visible flame.
• The flag placed on the surface by the astronauts flapped despite there being no wind on the Moon.
Kentucky Fried Chicken makes black men impotent
It is sometimes claimed that the Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise is owned by the Ku Klux Klan, and the chicken is laced with a drug that makes only black men impotent.
Sadly this is the wackiest of them all.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
An oldie but a goldie...for new readers!