Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Toozday Toot - Sarie Marais (A Modern Take On The New South Africa)

I know it isn't Tuesday, and I could have done better with the video picture, but I wanted to share this hauntingly beautiful song with you. It is written and sung by Hanru Niemand. Remember the name; he is a talented song writer, and I expect to hear his stuff again.

3 Opinion(s):

Exzanian said...

great re-make of a classic oldie folk song. Man, are we left with a bitter legacy or what?! Fuck, sometimes I just wanna curl up and die, what a waste of a beautiful country. Nobody outside of SA can understand what we had, and how tragic has been the loss...

Islandshark said...

Well said Exzanian - a waste of a beautiful country...

SA Greek said...

I always liked this song, although I m not an Afrikaans speaker. The first time that I heard Sarie Marais was from an old Jim Reeves album.