Sunday, April 25, 2010

Go, Lara! South Africans Petition Wilders for Dutch Citizenship

The Hague, Netherlands - A white South African family has petitioned popular local right-wing politician Geert Wilders to help them gain Dutch citizenship more than 300 years after their ancestors left the land of tulips and windmills.

Speaking on behalf of her two brothers, 37 and 41, and her parents, Lara Johnstone, 43, this week told the Algemene Dagblad that her forebears, the Bosmans, left Amsterdam in 1707 to settle in the Western Cape.

"We want to go back to where we came from: Holland," she is quoted as saying.

Johnstone told the paper that she and her family were afraid of increased violence against white South Africans. She claims that inter-racial violence has "risen sharply" since the murder earlier this month of AWB leader Eugene Terre'Blanche.

In a petition sent to Wilders this week, the family asked if the leader of the Partij Voor de Vrijheid (Party for Freedom, PVV) can assist "white Afrikaner refugees with Dutch ancestry" to attain Dutch nationality.

The Algemene Dagblad goes on to quote Durbanite Len van Eeden, 40, who claims Dutch ancestry dating back to "around '0", saying he was "very worried" about race relations in South Africa.

"We are stuck here in South Africa. We are getting worried. We do not have extreme right-wing ideas, but are simply 'moderate whites'," he said. He said Terre'Blanche's murder got him thinking about his future.

Wilders' public relations consultant, Gaelle de Graaff, said the party leader was "very, very busy preparing for an election" and would not have time to respond to enquiries about the issue.

Wilders is expected to do well in national elections in June. He is particularly popular among voters who want an end to the "Islamification" of the Netherlands.

Wilders, who likens the Koran to Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf and wants the book similarly banned, has slammed Islam as "the Trojan Horse of Europe".

After receiving numerous death threats, Wilders now enjoys a greater level of security than any other politician in a country where members of parliament still cycle to work alongside other citizens.

The latest refugee appeal by white South Africans comes just months after a Canadian refugee board caused a diplomatic storm by granting South African Brandon Huntley refugee status in Canada. The board declared there was an "inability or unwillingness by the government and security forces to protect white South Africans from persecution by black South Africans".

This followed Huntley's complaint of multiple muggings and that he had been called a "white dog" by black citizens.

11 Opinion(s):

Andrea Muhrrteyn said...

As usual... the full story is not told by the media, particularly the SA media:

Full story at:Help Asseblief Graaf Wilders & Royal Familie, Nederlands: Jus Sanguinis Right of Return to Holland, for Boer-Afrikaners...

including this statement:

“The Dutch government ‘has a very special responsibility towards all South Africans of Dutch descent’” – said Kees van der Staaij, chairman of the Staatkundig-Gereformeerde Party (SGP) - in response to a petition to Dutch MP Geert Wilders from terrified Afrikaans residents, pleading for a safe haven in the ‘country of their roots’…

Please also go to the Algemene Dagblad article to leave your comments.....

Lime Lite said...

Here's holding thumbs for all these cases to be succesful! Don't give up.

Anonymous said...

Like a dam wall with spreading cracks, the truth about the evil ANC regime is coming out. The spreading is exponential and the end result is the complete destruction of the dam wall.

Realist said...

The last thing what the really endangered Afrikaners need is such a self-appointed advocate for their cause like the notorious internet-"activist" (speak: STALKER) Lara Johnston.

She might have good intentions but her actionism and media-kean attitude could harm Afrikaners more than help.

FishEagle said...

@ Realist. Hitting the nail on the head.

Andrea Muhrrteyn said...

Realist and Fish Eagle,

Do me a favour and provide me with your real names and anyone else who shares your concerns about my character; and I shall honourably inform Dutch authorities that I do not speak on behalf of you, or your concerns for Afrikaners. I'd rather speak for 10 people who know what I represent, than pretend to speak for 10,000 who don't have a clue what I represent. (This was one of the issues between me and the Cape Party which resulted in them withdrawing their request to me to stand for them in the 2009 by-elections in George. I would have required anyone who voted for me, to sign that they have read my manifesto and 100% understand what I stand for, cause I don't make false promises. I also insisted on total 100% transparent party political funding).

Please provide your defintion of 'stalking', and provide the evidence of one person I have allegedly 'stalked'.

Please provide me with the details of any of your activism in your real name: hungerstrikes, letters to goverment officials lodging your complaints, legal complaints to officials, legal complaints in courts, petitions, marathons run on behalf of a cause; or whatever your 'non-internet' activism has involved...

Regards Lara Johnstone

FishEagle said...

Lara, the problem is that you can only make demands like that BEFORE you go and speak on behalf of everyone. You've already spoken for the 10,000 who don't have a clue what you represent. Should have thought about that first. No doubt you will go ahead with whatever you're doing anyway.

Maybe Realist was referring to Patricia de Lille as your stalk victim. I'm guessing.

As I will certainly NEVER give you my real name, I'm not even going to respond to your last point.

FishEagle said...

@ Lara. Adding to my last comment. Would it have been so much effort to just add that you did not speak on behalf of all white South Africans?

I could ask you to define a fish eagle and say that technically you didn't address your last comment to me so I don't have to get involved in a debate with you about stalking. Although I'm not going to do it. I'm just going to say that you can resolve your own issues about people's perceptions, which I'm sure you will attempt to do. Now I'm done on this topic.

Andrea Muhrrteyn said...

Fish Eagle,

Please provide me with evidence for where I -- personally -- said I was speaking "on behalf of everyone"?

Please provide me with the evidence of where I have "already spoken for the 10,000 who don't have a clue what you represent."?

I filed an application to the Dutch Consul on behalf of 8 people; they all personally signed their applications, which I had done the research for, and filled in for them.

I then wrote a letter to Mr. Geert Wilders, in reference to the statements by indivdiuals in:
* Why We ARe White REfugees Petition:
* Right of Return to Europe, for African White Refugees; and
* Jus Sanguinis Right of Return to Holland, for Boer-Afrikaner;

Heaven only knows why you are so upset about me applying for dutch citzienship for my family, and
making an enquiry to Mr. Wilders and Dutch MP's about the possibility for Dutch citizenship for any South AFrican who WANTS to acquire such.

Again: Please provide me with evidence for where I -- personally -- said I was speaking "on behalf of everyone"?

Andrea Muhrrteyn said...

The Mission of Jus Sanguinis Right of Return to Holland, for Boer-Afrikaners is currently stated as:

----------
1. Determine (a) how many SA/Zim citizens descendants of Dutch progenitors would like such a law enacted, and (b) who are willing to put advocacy (activism, letter writing, petition signing, etc) efforts into enacting such a law;

2. Provide a 'Each One Teach One' support facility to any of the aforementioned SA citizen descendants of Dutch progenitors who are busy doing the research of their family tree (how to get started on geneology, etc)

3. Provide a brief overview of SA/Zim citizen descendants of Dutch progenitors who have filed such types of Applications, to the Dutch Consul/Embassy, and to follow such applications (reasons for denial, etc) through the Application process, to determine whether the Appeal or Legal Justification process, could enable for the setting of legal precedent, for others to follow. Providing your evidence of your application (in a discussion thread) can help someone else in their application; hence 'each one teach one.

4. Document letters, petitions, and news articles etc; about SA/Zim citizen descendants of Dutch progenitors who are filing such applications, letters and petitions, to raise awareness about the issue.
------------------

Hence Fisheagle, anyone -- such as you and Realist, and at least 3 million other white south africans -- who are not a member of that page, are clearly not people who support the goals of the group, for yourselves or for dutch descendants, or whatever reasons. The page speaks for the people who are members of the group.

Andrea Muhrrteyn said...

Finally Fisheagle,

My communication to Patricia de lille was in regards to documents delivered to her office on my behalf by Mr. Tony Leon, as part of a legal process. She was a respondent in the process.

It is goverment officials jobs to do such things.

Accusing someone of being a 'fisheagle' is slightly different to accusing someone of 'stalking'. Or were you not aware of that distinction.

Generally when I accuse anyone of a crime, I try to include what my definition of the crime is, and how their behaviour fits the defintiion of the alleged crime. Perhaps you just don't have such honourable standards.

Perhaps when you find it more important to provide evidence for your allegations, I may take them more serious...