Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The difficulty of bilingual communication



This is a really great joke, but you won't fully appreciate it unless you grew up in ZA...


A Boer goes to see an English speaking lawyer in order to start divorce proceedings.


The lawyer asks him, "May I help you?"
The Boer says, "Ja. I would likes to have a divorce."


The lawyer asks him, "Do you have any grounds?"
The Boer says, "Ja. I got 600 hektyres."


The lawyer says, "Sir, you don't understand. Do you have cause for a suit?
The Boer says, "Ja. Of course I got a suit. I wore it to church on Sundays."


The lawyer says, "Ahmm. No, what I mean sir, is, do you have grounds for a case?"
The Boer says, beaming proudly, "Now let me tell you, I got 600 hundred hektyres, too big for a Case tracker. I got two John Deeres."


The lawyer is beginning to sweat. "Sir. Do you have a grudge?"
The Boer's also a bit irritated by now. "Ja. I of course I got a grudge. That's where I park the bakkie."


The lawyer, sighing, asks, "Does your wife beat you up or something?"
The Boer says, "No, we both get up at 04:30."


By now the lawyer is getting really frustrated, but tries one last question "Does your wife nag? Is she a nagger?"


The Boer says, "No, She's white. But our last child is a nagger. That's why I wants to get a divorce."

8 Opinion(s):

Zarky said...

Now publish some jokes where the Englishman is trying to speak Afrikaans, otherwise go FUCK yourself and your Blog!

Exzanian said...

Ag jirre, what do you know, 'n afrikaner what can type english!
Zarky, it's a joke...geddit...a JOKE ffs...ag tog, weet jy, partykeer wil ek sommer net weg hol...

FishEagle said...

@ Exzanian, LOL

Anonymous said...

@Zarky - oooh, you are a little sensitive. Take a chill pill dude.

Zarky said...

@Exzanian

By answering me in such a low class, disrespectful way proves my point.

Jy is net nog 'n rooinek wat goed op sy moer moet kry, maar ek neem aan jy is nie meer in die land nie.

I am proud of my nation and language and if anybody shows disrespect I will let you know about.

So as jy lus het vir 'n poesklap laat my weet!

FishEagle said...

@ Zarky, jy moet leer om 'n donderse sin vir humor te kry en om vriend van vyand te leer ken. Idioot. Jy is heeltemal te sensitief oor jou Afrikaans. Hoekom gaan sit jy nie liewers iewers in 'n hoekie en gaan sulk nie. Dis mos die tipiese Afrikaanse ding om te doen as jy nie jou sin kry nie. WORD GROOT MAN.

Anonymous said...

Zarky, you're a moff!

from a van der Merwe.

FishEagle said...

@ Van der Merwe, ha ha ha.