Monday, February 22, 2010

South Africa: My Swan Song of Sorts

Related Article:
What Is The Level of Your Commitment: Let's Explore Our Truth

Recently I wrote an article where I sought to explore whether South Africans are prepared to help their own. This "help" was suggested could be in the form of a trust fund. There were no concrete ideas put forward, as it was just a concept. More specifically, though, I had a feeling that typically we would not support the notion, but I wanted confirmation.

True to form the trap was sprung, and there were no surprises. The idea, although embraced by some, displayed the usual infighting and, disappointingly, was ignored by the majority. Not only did the article go down like a lead balloon, but the results were confirmed via a poll.

I posed the question; "If ILuvSA launched a Trust Fund for victims of crime, managed through the blog, would you support such an initiative?"

What were the results? 35% said they would donate something monthly, which is the most important category if any form of help is to be sustainable. Wow, we might collect as much as R1,000 per month. 30% said it would be a scam; nice one, and 21% offered moral support, no jokes. A whopping 43 people voted out of 20,000 visitors and over 400 regular readers. So it is safe to conclude that there was a silent majority. In other words, let us form an opinion once the results are in, so that we can follow the sheeple.

But let's look at the numbers for a moment. On 2 February 1990, 68.73% of the voters chose to hand over power to a black government. This from a record turnout of 85.1% of voters. Amazing. So it was fine to overwhelmingly vote to get ourselves into the mess we find ourselves in, yet forget about any efforts to help our fellow countrymen get out of the mess they find themselves in, and our readers are supposedly a targeted (as in marketing not genocide) group.

This blog has explored many alternatives to the present situation we find ourselves in; emigration, secession, civil war, capitulation, genocide and others. I was once rebuked for underestimating the power a blog likes this has. I don't think so. It has no power, other than some bizarre entertainment value. South Africa was doomed from the outset, and has virtually a zero probability of providing a solution to white South Africans. I have grown tired of tough talking, impotent and emasculated South Africans. Aside from a tiny minority, the majority of white South Africans just couldn't give a fuck about their mates. When you emigrate you will get screwed by South Africans faster than helped, and you will be largely left on your own to figure things out. Make no mistake, Saffers will be quick to drink a dop with you, but offer assistance, fuck that.

The same applies back home. We will decry the excesses, vulgarities, incompetence et al of the ruling ANC, but support a rates boycott, or sacrifice a little bit of your time for your neighbourhood watch or give some of your money. Fuck that, too much effort. This blog is maintained by a handful of bloggers, we have asked repeatedly for blogging assistance, fuck that, too much effort. Let somebody else do it, but don't mind if I tell you what a doos you are, and to watch your back.

Currently we are running a poll on how you would have voted during the 1990 Referendum. Check it out. Facebook and Alexa stats tell us that the majority of our readers are older than 35, yet get this. Most voters on the poll were too young to vote. Kak. Nobody wants to admit to having voted Yes.

Also, in one day we have had more voters than our previous poll. We are more concerned about how we would have voted; a kind of revisionist history thing. "If it was up to me, I wouldn't have fucked SA up" kind of thing. I was in my 20s when we voted, and I voted Yes. Not because I was seduced by some liberal utopian vision, but because of the futility of trying to hold back a massive aspirant black population. Perhaps if I had known how many white lives would be lost, it may have made me hesitate for a moment, but ultimately nothing would have changed. Africa doesn't want us. But it doesn't matter what my thinking was, or what my current philosophy is. What matters is that South Africa is fucked. White South Africans, be it English versus Afrikaans, or Boer versus Afrikaner, cannot stand together like the Jews. This is an old shortcoming of ours.

As for the blog, it is as strong as the amount of time contributors are prepared to sacrifice. Something most of you know nothing about. It has over 70,000 hits per month, over 400 daily readers, there are over 370 Twitter followers and over 80 Facebook supporters. All of this was by design, not luck. Yet I don't see the purpose of this blog, other than to provide a macabre kind of entertainment. So go ahead and knock yourselves out. Suck on this entertainment fountain until you have had your fill, and then go and watch your rugby, cricket or jukskei. Don't bother calling your neighbour of 5 years, and asking what his name is, because you just don't care, and neither do I.

So take this as my, sort of, swan song. I may contribute in the future, or maybe not. But I am certainly not going to mine the depths looking for solutions. If you are in my part of the world, you won't know who I am, but I am the one on the "ego trip" that helps in a myriad ways.

27 Opinion(s):

Lime said...

@VI - to be fair, I didn't see the vote section on the left of the page. I only saw it today and subsequently voted. Don't just jump to conclusions that we don't appreciate what's being done. I am 39 and I grew up during Apartheid where we were vilified and hounded by everybody - the blacks within and the rest of the world on the outside. We just had to shut up and trust that the government would do the right thing. As a result we are a pacifist type of people and don't really stand up cause we're scared to. Our numbers are small - just look what happens when you try to put a bunch of whites together to take on the ANC (boeremag). Most of us now sit outside the country and look in. In our new countries we can't really contribute cause we're not regarded as true citizens. In SA we're seen as traitors for leaving but we see what's going to happen to our people by remaining behind. Just for the record, I was one of those who voted to contribute monthly. This blog means different things to different people. It helps to remind me why I left and not to romanticise SA. I have learnt so many things here and this blog has opened my eyes to what liberalism has brought to the whites throughout the world - and what it's going to bring. I would never have joined the dots otherwise. It's also made me question a lot of things that I've just ignored. So please know that it does make a difference. We may never be able to stand together as a people due to all that has occured in the past - remember, the Jews have had international support whereas us SA whites have had none so it's unfair to compare. And regarding the fund - why can't we start with R1000 a month. It can only get stronger - Rome wasn't built in a day!

Andrea Muhrrteyn said...

Ai VI,

I hear your anger and your frustration and I been there so many times...

And, in the end, as you previously recall... that was one of the reasons I became a futilitarian.

Doing it for anyone to give a shit... means you feel good about yourself.. when they give a shit... which means your expectation of whether you are accomplishing anything is dependant on a bunch of people, some of whom care, and many who may or may not, and will pretend to, or not even bother to pretend to.

Whereas, being a futilitarian.. and it takes work... means you choose to respond to a particular situation.. in kind of different dimensional space.

Sorta like: This is who I choose to be, who I am, in relationship to these events. This is my statement of 'me'. Others may join me, and they may not... but at the end of the day, I did not remain silent.. I shared who I was, whatI thought... etc.. I listened, I dialogued with those who wanted to...

I may be wrong.. but in all my years of activism.. I found that those groups of people who got together to do something, out of a sense of obligation... because they felt ideologically or morally or spiritually obliged to 'do the right thing'.. just were involved in the group in a kind of passive aggressive resentful manner.. and they would constantly sabotage shit...

It is for this reason.. that I actually go out of my way sometimes to make it harder for people to participate in something i do... cause then I know if someone does.. they do so cause they really want to... If it is too easy.. you get a bunch of lightweights...

Only groups I have been involved in that got stuff done... as volunteers, was RH.. cause there nobody would do anything unless they really wanted to.. but if you got they wanted to ... they were in all the way! and then it was a joy...

Anyway.. not sure where I am going.. so... be happy to still have you around... but only if you want to.. if not... piss off for a while and come back when you want to! ;-)

Lara

Anonymous said...

VI, there is a lot of truth in what you say...plenty "ja broers" and other dung. My personal view on contributing (I read the vote section, and declined to fill in my vote)is that it has to be for some achievable goal. If one were to consider the number of people who would flock for assistance to such a scheme, you would need huge donations to provide usefull assistance. I am not talking about a tin of jam here, or a blanket there; REAL ASSISTANCE in the form of medical and legal aid costs buckets of money. No, I will not contribute to such a scheme, and rather continue my Boer Ubuntu, and help those closest to me; the number seems to be increasing every day. I recognise your dismay at the poor response to your plea, dont let that stop you from opening the eyes of the many sheeple out there in lala land. Your contributions are worth a shitload more than money........

LastRefuge said...

As part of the silent majority I feel great sympathy for the poor whites of SA. However, I myself am in no position to offer any financial help.

VI said...

Thanks for the positive feedback. Let this article not be construed as being about money. It isn't, and it wasn't. It is the general prevailing sense of apathy. Very few people will sacrifice anything, not even time, to improve the lot of another. We have no compassion, sense of community, brotherhood or common purpose. We don't deserve a better tomorrow, because we aren't prepared to make one.

Remember when Nestle was exposed for doing business with Grace Mugabe? How many people do you think boycotted Nestle? Maybe 5. I mean, we can't give up Hot Chocolate now can we. What about boycotting Vodacom for their blatantly racist share ownership deal? Fuck that, might affect my ability to text my mates for the Friday night jol.

Let someone else sacrifice and I will go along for the free ride. Problem is nobody is sacrificing, so South Africa is sinking faster than an iceberg in the midst of a Global Warming calamity.

WHITEADDER said...

@ VI

I can understand your frustration. I have been at various times to meetings about neighbourhood security and similar matters the last 20 years. The sheer sheep like ignorance of the mainly male audience is telling. In most of the cases its pure laziness to do something that might bring better security to your family. I am sure that most of the Million whites that are out of South Africa were carved out of a better material. This guys did care more about their offspring. In the end we are all in the position we deserve .If your scheme would have helped even only one young white person with potential to get out of here it would have been worthwhile. Every long journy starts with a single step. I am still ready to make this step with you. Disappointment originates from wrong expectations. Re-adjust your expectations and let's do it on a smaller scale.

Anonymous said...

...I spoilt my vote - I believe there were 5000 plus who did...

Viking said...

dont let it get you down VI. We all, readers and contributors, support the blog for a variety of reasons and most of them are noble. You are doing a great job, and Im just sorry Im off the radar at the moment.
on the other hand, greetings from sunny Cape Town!

Anonymous said...

This is an extraordinarily important blog.

Keep it going, it is one of the few sources of truth about what has and is happening to us, and the civilization we built in Southern Africa.

Because pride in white identity has assiduously been engineered into a crime almost everywhere in the world, there is zero chance we will be supported by anybody of any importance internationally. This is the difference between us and the Jews; the Jews never rat on their own people, and we only rat on our own people.

In the end, it is up to us; if we can't stand together, we will go down, and maybe we deserve to.

But if we can hold it together, nothing can put us down. This is a powerful truth that emerges from an honest, hard contemplation of our achievements.

Who created the modern world?

Anon.

FishEagle said...

VI, it takes time and effort to make contributions and it would be great to get more contributors to help carry the load. But you are missing the point that so many people are LISTENING to the general message. That is a sign of unity amongst the readers that you seem intent on missing!Frankly, I think that you have hopelessly underestimated the impact of this blog.

FishEagle said...

PS. Welcome back Viking!

FishEagle said...

The only sense of futility I ever get is from the Futilitarians :)

Andrea Muhrrteyn said...

Fisheagle,

When you spent a year in prison, cause you practice what you preach, and you mean what you say and say waht you mean...

I shall take your verbal statements more serious...

till then... what did you say???

willing to put your money where your mouth is?

South Africa, i fear is a land of two-faced hypocrits.. with lots of talk and not much walk...

Not all, there certainly are exceptions.. and those are absolutely blue diamonds... but for the rest.. you got a bunch of cheap and fake zirconias...

FishEagle said...

@ Andrea, what did you say?

Jim Beam said...

Oh come now calm down!

A blog does not have a timeline for action. Lets say 20 years from now you find out that the new president of South Africa was a reader of this blog and the opinions raised here becomes the formulation of his/her policy. Would you then have viewed it as futile?

@VI,

Despair is starting to creep in and that is not good. Maybe take a week off from the internet to balance your views again. Someone once asked on another blog why does a rich and generous Boer or Afrikaner no donate land and money so that a self help project can be started for the desperate. The same question you are raising here just its not about land and employment.

Someone asked why do whites employ non-whites and not employ their own in order to help themselves. That was a good question but no answer.

Don't give up as even I try and keep my spirits up reading this blog. As for writing - I could write but that would piss more people off than what Ron ever could.

VI said...

@FE. Actually, I do get the point, and I fully grasp the futility of it all.

Islandshark said...

@ VI - your are correct, of course.

I've also said it before - white South Africans don't give a rat's bum about each other. They'll rather be part of milking the system - don't tell me our average reader doesn't know of at least one person coining it from the corrupt SA government and infrastructure. We all know people like that.

And like you said of expat Saffas - they'll screw each other rather than help each other.

People won't sacrifice anything to be disturbed in their comfort zone - until there is no zone at all. Like you say, the braai, dop & rugby are more important than the poor farmers being slaughtered or the next pensioner brutally murdered.

I'm afraid the Marxists have reached their goal - the masses are dumbed down to the extent that they are mere puppets.

America is crumbling faster than you can say founding fathers. Europe is destroying itself with mass third world immigration. South Africa already resembles Zimbabwe in parts, if some cared to notice.

And like I have said before - the onslaught is not against white South Africans, but the European race as a whole. And people are dancing on their way to the slaughterhouse.

FishEagle said...

@VI. Fuck, stop making me feel like an Evangelist. Just consider grasping the hope in it all. You need to think harder about this. You have NOT thought it through. Don't participate in the blog if it gets you down too much. Just don't stop reading it.

"One man with courage makes a majority."

FishEagle said...

@ VI, maybe you've finally grasped the futulity of using reasoning only.

Anonymous said...

Front cover story Time magazine: "Greece, Italy and Spain are just beginning to grapple with large numbers of migrants. So far they're failing."

What a totally disingenuous headline.

These blacks are not migrants, they are a hostile invasion. The pope, of all people, says whites in Greece, Italy and Spain should be "tolerant" of destitute Africans swarming into their countries.

It's an orchestrated hostile invasion designed to create a race war; it's the old, put them in the same place, then divide and rule, tactic.

Don't you see who is manipulating the destruction of the white race?

By the way, Andrea: you're not just selling shit for a living, you're smoking way too much of it.

Andrea Muhrrteyn said...

Anonymous,

And tell me why I should take someone serious.. who goes around with the name anonumous and provides absolutely f**k all evidence for his reasoning???

Have a nice day... Let me know when you ready to put your money where your mouth is.. till then..... enjoy your verbal diarhea!

Anonymous said...

@VI: Hey, don't blame us whities for being justifiably paranoid; if it's not the blacks who are out to kill us, it's the Boeremag and/or the Jews.

Your marketing pitch was in any case all wrong. Call your trust/charity a disaster fund for blacks, idiot! (And you claim to have such a high IQ, jirra jissus.) Put up lots of pics of the usual snot nosed black kids and glazed eyed starving, pregnant women and the money will come streaming in. People are putting up displays ads like this on e bay where buyers get a prompt to donate money to poor blacks on every purchase - bloody perfect emotional blackmail!! (I wouldn't try this on bidorbuy though; those South Africans are all bloody sharks.)

@Viking: I'm on a treasure hunt of a different kind so I'd like your advice as an archaeologist on what metal detector is most suitable for unearthing relics from an old Boer War battle site. I'm considering a Seben Extreme Power Metal Detector which is quite reasonably priced at around R1200 on e bay. Do you know this make? What would you recommend? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Seben metal detector has crap reviews. Bounty Hunter IV looks more reasonable.

VI said...

@Andrea. You have my support on this one, because you are correct. The usual bunch of "tough guys" come out; all wise, all tough, all talk.

Exzanian said...

VI, I read you loud and clear here. Most people who read this blog failed the acid test. It's not so much about the money, it's about the commitment. Out of all those that click on here, most are doing it for a little thrill, and then move on. It kind of makes you wonder where are the rebels out there?..big talkers, no walkers. Instead it's left to a few. Anyway, I know there is more than just frustration and anger in this post, there is a helluva lot of passion too.

Anonymous said...

Narcissist quack VI dislikes his own Canadian medicine. Generalizing idiot. VI doesn't speak for the helpful SA expats in the Antipodean city I emigrated to.

Anonymous said...

I'll say it again:

If we cannot stand together, we will all eventually go down; not together, but piecemeal; in the end, it will amount to the same thing.

The way it works in practice, it is mainly white working class people and marginally viable farmers who are sacrificed first (this is the pattern everywhere-not just in SA). White intellectuals, and richer whites, do not find it easy to stand by poorer whites, do not find their company congenial, and are not prepared to sacrifice anything for them.

Paradoxically, as the white working class disappears, the effect will be to raise the average IQ of remaining whites and lower it for the other races who expand and move in to fill the lower class niche. Sooner or later there will be an unpleasant reckoning since blacks and other potential competitors have not yet abandoned their own folks they way we have, and do not want to play second fiddle to arrogant white liberals. They then proceed to outvote us as a block along racial lines, completely against what the idiot liberals predicted, ie that they would not vote racially.

In SA, this process is already well on the way to completion. In Zim, it happened years ago. In the UK, only the white workers have woken up to how badly they are being screwed, but the white liberals in charge are still in a dream world in which they will forever continue to be rich and powerful, despite the pending white demographic collapse, which they themselves have so stupidly engineered, and which will ultimately succeed in depriving them of their own countries.

Anon.