Friday, February 12, 2010

Roadworthy Van Fined R200



Click on Pic to enlarge...


Only in Azania! No, not a "blue light" mugging, this seems to be a genuine case of spastic intelligence. Translated from the Afrikaans by a "soutie" (me) so please feel free to correct any grammatical errors.

Pretoria - A member of the Metro Police in the city has apparently been thinking in reverse gear when he recently fined a motorist because "Reverse lights only function when vehicle is in reverse gear"

Mr Willem Smit from Pretoria was astounded when he was fined R200. "I couldn't believe I was getting a fine because my vehicle was roadworthy"

Smit was on his way to Hammanskraal when the Metro Police pulled him over to do a road worthiness check on his Van. "I offered my complete co-operation, because I knew everything was alright. The man tested everything. Then to my shock I got a fine because my reverse gear lights only operate when the Van is in reverse gear!"

According to Mr Smit, he attempted to explain to the Metro Officer that this is how the lights are supposed to work "But he would not listen and said appeals could be lodged with the Chief Traffic Officer."

8 Opinion(s):

Anonymous said...

Knobhead.

Anonymous said...

The Metro police must employ a lot of dumb kaffirs, like the SAPS.

Anonymous said...

If you have shit for brains the fallout will be a bad smell.

Dachshund said...

Now this guy has to waste his time going to court to explain how the rear lights work. These metro police are out to harass whites, same as they do everywhere else. My husband had to apply ten times to home affairs to have his SA passport renewed. They stuffed up every time but the last when he eventually found a town with a home affairs department with a white guy in charge and got it sorted out.

Dmitri said...

Oh shit. I hope they do not stop me, because my bike's indicators only flicker and are not a steady light.

I have another problem. My brake light only works when I brake. How do I fix that....... :)

Kaffirs - ja well no fine...

Max said...

Sounds like a story a friend told me. Shortly after Zimbabwean independence she took a trip to Zim to visit friends, and when going through the border post on the Zim side she was asked to take off her shoes, when she enquired why she must do this she was told that an order had just come through instructing the border guards to check all "BOOTS." Luck they did not check the CAR BOOT for it contained 5kgs of prime South African biltong, a big no no to carry across the border.

Anonymous said...

Pay the R200 , do not waste energy on such BS. Deduct one way or another R 20 000 from your next annual tax.

Anonymous said...

F-U-U-U-U-U-C-C-C-K-K-!-!-!