A whole big pile of shit is about to blow and Malema is the one igniting it! Pleeeeeeaaaase...let this be good.
By Siyabonga Mkhwanazi and Gaye Davis
ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema has claimed that he has an "intelligence document" listing the names of prominent political leaders who backed President Jacob Zuma's rise to power, but who are now being targeted to be toppled.
Interviewed on SAfm's After Eight Debate radio programme yesterday, Malema further claimed that preliminary investigations by the police had determined that the document was genuine. A probe was now under way, he said.
Without naming any of the individuals said to be behind the alleged plot, Malema said intelligence officers had tipped off the youth league about the list and then passed it on to them. He had told Zuma about the existence of the list. (The timing is a really big coincidence, hey!)
Under attack for his lavish lifestyle and links to companies that reportedly raked in millions through government contracts, Malema said he was the target of a smear campaign for not backing any of the ANC's leftist allies for leadership positions at the party's 2012 elective conference.
He said he would not mind Sars conducting a lifestyle audit on him, but would have a problem if one was carried out as a result of political interference - "to further factional interests of certain people in the ANC" or the agendas of opposition parties like COPE, the DA and Independent Democrats.
I am saying so because we've got a document of a list of people - and I will make it public, we just took it to the police to verify it - who must be targeted. These people are still called Zuma people," Malema said. (Blatant blackmailing...)
He said he had told Zuma that KwaZulu-Natal Premier Zweli Mkhize was one of the leaders being targeted.
Mkhize on Monday denied any conflict of interest over government contracts worth millions of rands awarded to his wife, Dr May Mashego, and his daughter Nokulinda. (Huh?? This is so bizarre it leaves me completely speechless....)
Malema did not identify the intelligence officers who he claimed had handed over the document to him.
"They (intelligence officers) found this to be very unacceptable and they thought they needed to alert us. We had to take it to the police to verify it, and so far we are satisfied with the investigation.
"The preliminary report shows that this is an authentic document that deserves to be taken seriously. I told the president (on Monday) 'I will give you that report before I take it anywhere else'," Malema said.
"There are still concerted efforts to try and discredit the leadership of the ANC and particularly those that are seen to be in the frontline in defence of President Zuma. (By??? I don't know....YOU)
"We are dealing with a concoction, a mix masala of a political environment which is polluted and people who have resorted to dirty tricks, and these dirty tricks failed before Polokwane and they will fail even now," said Malema.