Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So What Is Your Political Persuasion? Let's Find Out



Related Articles:

Too many of us labour under the illusion that we are either liberal (left) or conservative (right), when the range of classifications is much more complex. A more accurate picture includes both a social and an economic dimension.

The diagram to the left reflects this complex interplay. A description of this interplay can be found here.

More importantly, a test can be conducted to determine where you are positioned on the graph, which allows for some interesting comparisons with historical figures.

We encourage you to take the test. It is anonymous, and is 6 pages long, taking about 10 minutes. Once you have completed the test, we would like it if you saved your scores or a screenshot, and forwarded these to us. We would like to aggregate the scores, and come up with a collective score for ILSA readers. Are we right wing radicals or not?

Then, contributors willing, it would be interesting to reveal where the individual contributors are positioned. I won't disclose where Viking and I are positioned just yet.

So go for it; let's see if we can get a 100 responses. You can email them to me.

If some of the other websites would like to make a comparison to us, that would be interesting too.

40 Opinion(s):

Anonymous said...

Authoritarian left

Vanilla Ice said...

@Anon. Screenshot or scores?

Pensioner said...

Screenshot, Authoritarion right.

Anonymous said...

@VI - scores

Vanilla Ice said...

Okay, let me explain for the HARD OF HEARING.

Please send me either your scores (the little numbers that appear on the screen), so that we can calculate a collective average

OR

Send me a screenshot (a picture of the final graph), so that I can retrieve the scores myself.

Dachshund said...

That should be hard of reading, not hard of hearing ...

Vanilla Ice said...

@Anon. Thanks, got them and added to the calculation.

Anonymous said...

Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.97

Thats me buggered!

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3157/pcgraphpngk.png

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!!! iluvsa.blogspot.com is one of the best resourceful websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. All the best.

Max said...

Economic Left/Right: 1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.77

Angulus Calx said...

Geeeee
What does this make me....!!!

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.03

Viking said...

Economic 6.75
Social 0.31

screenshot on file :)

Dachshund said...

Economic Left/Right: -9.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.25

Anonymous said...

I thought mine was 'bad' some of you are in trouble.

Are we going to see an average soon? There is a diverse makeup of this website.

Anonymous said...

@Dachshund

You have got to be shitting me!

Viking said...

yes, Dachshund -
until I see the screenshot I won't believe it :P

Lamotu said...

The Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.28
Political Compass Printable Graph Page 1 of 1
http://

Vanilla Ice said...

@Lomatu and others. Thank you. I do realise many people are on vacation, but the graph is taking shape.

Vanilla Ice said...

@Pensioner. Did I miss your scores somewhere? Please forward to me if you can. Thanks.

Mad Kiwi said...

Economic Left/Right: 3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.36

Anonymous said...

Economic Left/Right: 0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.00

Vanilla Ice said...

Anon and others. Again, thanks. Keep them coming.

Dachshund said...

Some of the statements in this quiz are so self evidently true or untrue that they're no-brainers:

I'd always support my country, whether it was right or wrong.

Because corporations cannot be trusted to voluntarily protect the environment, they require regulation.

It is regrettable that many personal fortunes are made by people who simply manipulate money and contribute nothing to their society.

The only social responsibility of a company should be to deliver a profit to its shareholders.

Governments should penalise businesses that mislead the public.

What's good for the most successful corporations is always, ultimately, good for all of us.

Multinational companies are unethically exploiting the plant genetic resources of developing countries.

Astrology accurately explains many things.

Vanilla Ice said...

@Dachs, are you still studying the thing? I am at odds with you on many of those questions, so they are not that self-evident.

Anonymous said...

@Dachshund "I'd always support my country, whether it was right or wrong."

So, if your country murders and rapes it's citizens and imposes communism, you will still support it? Did you think all scenarios through before answering?? Not sure if you come across as naive or just plain blind.

Anonymous said...

@Astrology accurately explains many things.

-- Hmm....it explains Africa as a black hole? True or False? OR is that astonomy....

Dachshund said...

Let me guess, you disagree with me on astrology.

Anonymous said...

I am not South African, but am well acquainted with the country and its history. I also read ILUVSA regularly and appreciate [most of] the postings.

My profile:
Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62

Anonymous said...

Astrology explains nothing. The same goes for [any] religion. To put questions about astrology [or religion] into this survey introduces a conflict between social orientation, which must obviously be subjective, and objective truth, which must depend upon evidence.

Pensioner said...

Economic left/right: -1.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.87

Go figure.

Viking said...

@Anon 7:37

LOL

Viking said...

@Anon 7:19pm

read Dachs' comment again, more closely.

Anonymous said...

Where is Black Coffee's score? Is he the new anti chirst?

Jack said...

Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18

Fuck - puts me in the same quadrant as Saint Nelson and Ghandi.

I'm off to therapy...

SA Greek said...

Happy new year to everyone.
Interesting this test is.
My results....

Economic Left/Right:-5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian:3.13

I always considered myself as a conservative person regarding social matters such as the army,education,law and order,racial mixing etc etc but i do not believe in "free" markets or at least not the free markets of today.Control is essential to protect the majority of people ( especially the middle-class,the backbone of every economy ) from the few "gold-bugs".

Exzanian said...

VI - e-mailed screenshot...

h said...

@VI

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.15

FishEagle said...

Economic Left/Right: 2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18

Vanilla Ice said...

@Brandon. Got it. Much appreciated. I haven't published, unless you want me to.

Brandon Dienar said...

@Vanille Ice

Sure you can publish it - I have nothing to hide :-)