Sunday, November 01, 2009

New South Africa - Why the Exodus?

People of all races, once used to a safe and prosperous South Africa, are now emigrating in their hundreds of thousands. What is wrong with the new South Africa? Why are these people fleeing like rats leaving a sinking ship?



Source: MasakhaneSA

5 Opinion(s):

Anonymous said...

This appears to be from 2007 so I wonder what the fleeing white stats are now if it was around 850 000 in 2005?

Doberman said...

It is and I wager the figure has gone up immensely since then. Some say well over a million. I have tried to find later reports on the subject but no luck. I'm posting it so it is recorded and also downloaded it to my hard-drive as many of these videos are mysteriously disappearing from YouTube and the web.

Exzanian said...

Great video, makes me so thankful that I left over three years ago. That old couple that were leaving for New Zealand at that stage of their lives....Ai jai jai...it's going to be tough.

Anonymous said...

I left for the safety of my children and realitively sound future for my children (if there is such a thing) and I suppose my retirement eventually. They (the blacks) are killing old people like it's a national sport these days. I'll be honest there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss home. (Cape town). I think as you get older it gets more difficult to adjust to a new country.

Doberman said...

@ anon 7:55, we all did it for similar reasons, safety and a future. I think age is not the factor but whether or not your circumstances (apart from the safety aspect) improves or not. If your life is better, a step up, you feel fine because it's an improvement. If however, you go backwards as is the case for many, it is very hard to adjust. We always want to go to where we were/are happiest.