Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Doberman off to NZ for a few days

Just a quick heads-up folks. Yours truly will be visiting this fine land of sheep sha... , um, farmers alongside (Auckland). Per usual I've made sure the hotel has internet connectivity to enable me to continue posting. It may be fewer posts than usual, the wife insists on sightseeing *yawn* whereas me, I'd be happy spending my time in the pub downstairs. Anyhoo, I will be back in Brisbane early next week.

I am indeed very fortunate to be surrounded by some excellent contributors who are more than able to fill in the blanks and that's what makes ILSA special, we are a team.

PS: If there are any Aucklanders out there, I would appreciate some suggestions on best places to visit. eateries and er, um, drinking holes. Yeah, which NZ brew is particularly favoured ;o)~

12 Opinion(s):

WHITEADDER said...

There used to be a dark beer called
BLACK MACK. Almost liquid food.
Well worth a try.

Anonymous said...

Dobes - why don't you just stay in sunny Brisbane and drink?

Doberman said...

I do that already ;) Nah, the wife wanted to see NZ and I must say I would like to as well. It's blisteringly hot and humid in Brisbane of late, high 30s and I see Auckland will barely nudge 20 degs for the next week so dunno what else to do but have a few local brewskies.

Dachshund said...

Hot weather can make you so lethargic. You might as well tear yourself away from your notebook while you have the chance.

Angulus Calx said...

Enjoy.....and get back....

Viking said...

Have a good one!

Lamotu said...

Kentish Hotel Waiuku, southwest of Auckland, around 45 mins drive. as the barmaid to phone the two chaps from Johannesburg. Plenty other SANERS there as well

Exzanian said...

Have a good time Dobes and bring us back some stories and your impressions.

Anonymous said...

Auckland does not NZ make. Get out of it asap.

Islandshark said...

Enjoy Boet! Remember to remind the Kiwis that Baaaa means no!

FishEagle said...

Have a great time, Dobes!

Doberman said...

Just settled into the hotel located in the CBD under the shadow of the Sky Tower. It is an impressive sight. It's a cold, crisp 19 degs which the passport gentlemen assured me is "hot for them", rather a shock to the system as Brisbane/Gold Coast was sweltering in the high 30s since August.

I did find the customs and airport folk much friendlier than their Aus counterparts and the city seems fairly clean and orderly. That's just first impressions. Reminds me of a smaller Sydney actually.

About to go out for dinner. I may only get the chance to post once or twice a day.