Saturday, October 17, 2009

Controversial Geert Wilders lands in UK




This story caught my eye on the telly at lunch time yesterday. Geert Wilders has succeeded in overturning the stiff necked English Home Office decision, which previously barred him from entry into the UK. He landed on UK soil yesterday and answered questions to the press in his frank style which was aired live on SKY.

This is a massive victory for free speech. I personally do not subscribe to all his views or all that he stands for, but I feel myself drawn to him. His style is gracious and confident and he oozes leadership. Plus he has a zany hairstyle a bit like Mozart!



I am sure Geert would endorse the following cartoon from J&M


5 Opinion(s):

FishEagle said...

Zany hairstyle for sure. Heh heh. Love your perceptions about some things, Exzanian.

Viking said...

the transcript of his speech in the USA is available somewhere. I'll see if I can find the link..

Exzanian said...

Kaaskop with BALLS!!!!

Vanilla Ice said...

A great victory, and yet there remains a touch of English arrogance. The Poms need to wake up.

To quote some of the banners that were displayed in the background:

"Geert Wilders deserves Islamic punishment. Shariah is coming."

"Shariah for the Netherlands."

"Islam will dominate the world."

"Enemy of Islam. Geert Wilders."

But no, there is no incitement to violence. Can you imagine a white supremacist group displaying similar banners?

Doberman said...

I don't think he is controversial. He is standing up for his country and his people and that makes him "controversial"?