Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Three Black Men

You can thank Joe King for this one. Lol.


6 Opinion(s):

FishEagle said...

LOL!!! ("PEEENK"??? Heh heh)

Dachshund said...

Ha ha ha ha! Keep 'em coming Joe (at lunch time)

Anonymous said...

Heh, the ozzie accent cracks me up at times. Peeenk deeek....

FishEagle said...

Dobes, do you find that you are picking up the Australian accent?

Doberman said...

@ FE, not at all. Too old for that but my kids are. Aussies greet people not with "g'day" as you've been led to believe from movies like Crocodile Dundee but rather with "How yer goin'?" Me, I still say "howzit" and "Yar". Nope, not going to change for anyone. Cellphones are called mobiles. Not by me. Sms's are "texting". Not by me. There are just some things this old dog won't compromise and yes, I'm trying to teach them to say braai as well ;)

Another funny saying they have is "too easy". When you've finished explaining something, they say, no problem "too easy". Eh? They are a strange bunch but I suppose we are too. What is refreshing is that they do speak the Queen's English articulately and that makes a difference from SA. The Kiwi accent is also quite different from the Aussies I've noticed.

FishEagle said...

Dobes, Lol. My sister worked in Germany for about a year for an American company and picked up the full blown American accent. In her defense she was a true boere meisie and didn't speak much English before going to Germany. It gave me such a laugh.

I like the 'too easy' saying. Cute