Sunday, September 13, 2009

South Africa by Air; Soaring the Beloved Country

Yesterday I was flying over the beautiful mountains and wine trees of Worcester in the Western Cape, in what amounted to a canoe with wings. And more disturbingly, no engine.

The vista was truly spectacular, a reminder that this is still a free country, and a stunningly beautiful one at that. Never forget where you come from, people. There is truly no greater place on earth; and yesterday I was reminded of that fact, and of why I dropped everything and walked out of my office that one rainy day that now seems like an eternity ago.


4 Opinion(s):

Doberman said...

Very lovely Viking and why we are inspired to fight for the most beautiful country on earth.

Vanilla Ice said...

I used to be a competitive paraglider pilot. This area seems reminiscent of a mountain range we used to compete along. Truly breathtaking

FishEagle said...

So jealous right now!!

Virginia Beach said...

OK, good, but, unless there's something I've missed, winer doesn't grow on trees.....