Friday, August 07, 2009

This is where I live

Being the weekend, I thought I'd share some videos with you of my new home here in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. If you would like us to post vids showing where you live, send me the links. Brisbane really is what it says on the can.




6 Opinion(s):

Ranger Tom said...

I'm planning an Aussie trip next June or July for about a month and Brizzy is on my itinerary... I'll look you up mate, but it'll be your shout and I've got to warn you, I can put away a lot of VB!

Doberman said...

VB is a fine, fine brew but that is from the state of Victoria. Up here it's XXXX. They say they called it XXXX because Queenslanders couldn't spell "beer", lol. Aus has a lot of beer varieties and naturally being new to the place one had to, um sample everything, several times of course, y'know to make sure. After several years, the testing still goes on. Beer drinking is not to be taken lightly so I tell the wife..

I've settled on quite a few favourites, really they are all so good, Tooheys being my fav for the moment. By all means, we'll throw back a few old son. I drink on occasion and every day is an "occasion".

Ranger Tom said...

Actually, "Fourex" is my second favorite... Cooper's Pale Ale is also a fine Aussie beer too.

Unfortunately here in the States, the only Australian beer you can get is Foster's, and even that's brewed by LaBatt's in Canada.

There's no justice in the world I tell ya!

Anonymous said...

Stunning ad about Queensland.

Islandshark said...

Hey Dobes, in true Azanian spirit, do you mind if I come "shack" at your stunning place for a while?

Doberman said...

@ Islandshark, of course, and we'll throw some shrimps on the barbie ;) This part of the world is also Australia's best fishing grounds. I'll have some cold ones waiting for you.