Saturday, August 15, 2009

The game of roulette called "Living In South Africa"

I keep saying, life in the New! Improved! South Africa!™ is a game of roulette. Eventually, the bullet that will take your life or that of a loved one will drop into the slot. It has just dropped for the editor of well-known black magazine BONA.

The thing is he probably voted for the regime whose policies over 15 years have seen to it that the game of roulette endures - so indirectly he caused his own death. This may sound like a harsh statement but it is true. A vote for the ANC is a vote for the status quo. As a magazine editor and seasoned journalist, he had ample opportunity to call the regime to account on crime but he chose to ignore it. He's ignoring it now alright. Sooner or later, like night follows day, your bullet will come up.

***

'I was awakened by gunshots'

BONA editor and veteran journalist Force Khashane, 60, was shot by two robbers in his yard at his home in Orlando East, Soweto at 11pm on Wednesday.

His violent death has sent shock waves through the South African media fraternity, many of whom he worked with and mentored.

Khashane had a career spanning 28 years, 15 of them as an editor.

"He was a wonderful husband and father. He nurtured journalists and would see potential where no one had hope," said his wife Palesa.

She said she was awakened by gunshots around midnight. When she looked outside, she saw her husband lying in front of the garage door.

Read the rest here.

6 Opinion(s):

Anonymous said...

A vote for the ANC is a vote for the status quo ?
I disagree. It is a vote for the assured destruction of South Africa.
We not just there yet. But the criminals and the political parasites are hard at work .

Doberman said...

@ anon 7:40, kinda what I said.

Islandshark said...

@ Doberman: No, it's not harsh. It's the TRUTH!

Funny how shockwaves are sent through the Ministry of Lies when one of them is shot, but thousands of white farmers and hundreds of thousands of ordinary citizens brutally attacked, tortured and murdered don't even make the news anymore.

Call me racist, but this is exactly what needs to happen. Let those who support the communist regime bear the fruits. And before you think of some extremist terms to call me, just remember that Whitey still carries the burden of apartheid - whether he supported it or not.

So call me what you like - see if I care.

FishEagle said...

Well said, Islandshark.

Anonymous said...

It's like telling a girl that the guy she's going out with is no good for her. Usually she won't listen, even to her closest friends. Then one day he turns around and hits her. Everyone else saw it coming. And she's shocked. And hurt. And feels betrayed. And wonders why she didn't see it.

Sometimes you can't explain things to people, they have to experience it for themselves. We tried to warn them back in 94. They wouldn't listen. Now they're having to live with the consequence.

Sadly, unlike most other victims of domestic abuse, they'll never blame themselves for being the cause.

Anonymous said...

I love SA with all my heart. Moving my whole family to the US - every day I yearn for my old life, family and friends the way things used to be - carefree with the best quality of life. I dream of my kids having the childhood I had and the memories of beautful PE but then have to remind myself that this will never be and they will never know SA like I knew it and know we will never be able to return although Africa will always have my heart it breaks everyday to know how bad it has got and how much worse it is going to get!! Such a shame!