Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blacks Don't Want To Transfer Skills Either?

By Lyndall Beddy (Richmark Sentinel)

Related:
White South Africans threatened with "revolution from blacks"


Why do blacks like Zuma use white professionals and lawyers?

If government is transformed why is it non functional?

If Jimmy Manyi has this pool of black unemployed professional why does not government employ them in vacant posts?

It surprises Jimmy Manyi that black managers are also resistant to transferring skills. It does not surprise me.

I had a claims clerk who was the best in her field. She came to us in her 50s and I trained her myself. She resisted ever transferring any of her skills in house, but she trained most of the new female claims clerks of the opposition (lending them the manual I wrote – which is how it eventually got lost).

Eventually the MD insisted she be replaced by a new bright young thing. I insisted she stay – as my secretary. Within six months the bright thing had destroyed the claims department and had bailed out to a marketing, not administrative, job and I could put my secretary back where she belonged. She was richer than me and even richer than some of the bosses. She was a childless widow with a pension and savings, who supported a number of nephews and nieces, including one disabled nephew very close to her heart. I had a client once who asked me if she was my mother, because she was so protective of me. She worked FOR FUN! She died peacefully in her sleep, but still employed in the firm I worked in, aged 76.

Not wanting to transfer skills has nothing to do with race, but to do with not training up your replacement. And the more unemployment rises, the worse it will get.

Jimmy Manyi and Terry Oakley Smith from Team Absolute (a white woman who makes a fortune forcing other whites out of jobs) were a depressing duo to listen to on the After 8 Debate this morning.

They answered none of the hard questions.

Why do blacks like Zuma use white professionals and lawyers? No answer.

If government is transformed why is it non functional (health, education, Eskom etc)? No answer.

If Jimmy Manyi has this pool of black unemployed professional why does not government employ them in vacant posts? The answer was nuts – Jimmy says these vacancies are either unfunded, or really a result of turnover and private sector poaching from government??????????

And Jimmy Manyi told the public that he was “desperate to name and shame” the companies who would not fire their whites ,and gave the public his contact details to report them to.

It did not even remind me of Verwoerd. At least he was honest about what he was doing.

It reminded me of Hitler convincing the Germans to scapegoat the Jews.

0 Opinion(s):