Monday, July 20, 2009

Toozday Toot: Bruce Springsteen - My Hometown (live)

Requested by FishEagle. Very nice.


5 Opinion(s):

Anonymous said...

I was a huge Boss fan - lost a bit tho when he sang that he wouldn't sing in Sun City tho. Always felt it a bit ironic that in this song he sang of boarded windows and vacant stores while trying to do the same thing to SA by supporting heavier and heavier sanctions! Good music - bit of a twat!

Doberman said...

The last straw was when he backed Obama. That did it for me. And what about the Wal-mart controversy? On the one hand he preaches left-wing pro-hispanic/pro-immigration rhetoric and then he signs a multi-million dollar deal with Wal-mart which liberals accuse of being the worst abusers of illegal immigrants. Typical leftwing nut. Consistent hypocrisy. Ask them to hand over one penny to the poor, no way, but they don't mind using your money though.

FishEagle said...

@ Dobes and Anon, in that regard Springsteen is like Bono. Great musicians, although they should stick to the things that they're good at. I still love the music but unlike them I won't let the politics interfere with it.

Thanks for posting the song Dobes.

Doberman said...

@ FE, don't get me wrong, I like his music a lot. If I had to mix politics and music, I wouldn't have much music to listen to ;)

FishEagle said...

@ Dobes. True! Lol