Friday, July 17, 2009

Fire on the Moon




Related:

Whitey on the Moon

Houston we have a problem



Just in case you have not been following the news lately, or previous postings, we are celebrating the 40th anniversary of the first moon landing by Apollo 11 on 20 July 2009.

So just a gentle reminder dear reader, if you happen to be of a certain birthright, this weekend you can feel justly proud of the fruits of this achievement. Doubly so, because whilst most of humanity languished in utter depravity and darkness, the ancients were already beginning to plan this epic journey, nearly 2500 years ago:

Aristarchus - 310 – 230 BC

He was the first person to present an explicit argument for a
heliocentric model of the solar system, placing the Sun, not the Earth, at the center of the known universe.


Eratosthenes 276 – 195 BC

He made several discoveries and inventions including a system of
latitude and longitude. He was the first Greek to calculate the circumference of the Earth (with remarkable accuracy), and the tilt of the earth's axis (also with remarkable accuracy); he may also have accurately calculated the distance from the earth to the sun

9 Opinion(s):

Ranger Tom said...

I remember as a 4 year old, watching in my living room on our Philco B&W TV (yep, I wasn't priveledged and didn't have a color TV) of this happening live.

Doberman said...

Oh say it, whites designed, built and placed whites on the moon. Whites "shared" this achievement with the rest of the world but whites still own the moment forever and no one can ever take mankind's greatest achievement away from whites. They can have their pyramids whatever. I have written something for the occasion on Monday 20th to celebrate the white race's greatest achievement.

Ranger Tom said...

I'll second that Doberman.

It's the proudest moment I can remember, not only for the US, but for Anglo-Saxons in general.

Doberman said...

I've got to give it to you Americans, you are an enterprising lot, well done. I mean White Americans of course.

Ranger Tom said...

Doberman: White Americans built this country. Of course I know where you're coming from!

FishEagle said...

Unbelievable achievements! Awe inspiring.

Viking said...

Don't forget, the Russians put the first things in space, the first dog in space, first man and first woman in space, first orbit of the earth etc. and they were all white too! (except the dog maybe).
Seems the moon landing is a bit of an arbitrary celebration in comparison - hangover from the Cold War perhaps?

Ranger Tom said...

Viking: Of course the dog was white!

Exzanian said...

RT, lucky you, I was only 2 years old so I have no memories of it and in SA we only got TV in 1976! (which also raises an incidental point that perhaps TV ruined our great dream of white nationhood)
Dobes, yah, we own the intellectual property rights on this one alright, one giant leap for mankind. I look forward to your post on 20th.
FE - Absolutely fills me with awe. I can watch programmes on TV over and over again (as the BBC keeps doing with space fillers, but I don't mind, I just keep on watching them!)
Viking - LOL as always with your pithy observations! Good man!