Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blasts From The Past

An exchange between Exzanian and myself prompted me to find a few sound bites from the past. I would have posted more except it is quite time consuming to produce, so enjoy these two.


video


video

6 Opinion(s):

FishEagle said...

Hehe. How strange to go back to the good ol' days.

Doberman said...

Good memories. Notice how we used to say "braaivleis" which has now become just "braai".

Exzanian said...

jaaaa. Those were golden days alright.

Vanilla Ice said...

Without appearing like a Grumpy Old Man, as depicted by the BBC, I think we have lost something along the way. I used to enjoy my Friday evenings, with the family huddled around the wireless. You had to exercise your powers of imagination.

Exzanian said...

And at the risk of sounding like a lost white soul (which I am not, I am a pioneer in a new land at age 42) I have exacttly the same memory VI...It was Friday night, but I can't remember if "True or False" was before or after squaddies....Needless to say, today I shun TV, a good book is much more entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Ja what fantastic memories. Squad cars was always on a Friday night. Jet Jungle was on a Saturday morning 10am I think. Look at the SABC now ...